Injuries are a part and parcel for every construction worker’s life. Construction workers have to face a lot of risks and hazards at their job which is the reason for most of the injuries. It is estimated that more than a million of construction workers, suffer injury of one kid or the other, while at their jobs. Hands are the most important tools for any worker so the fact that most injuries suffered by construction workers are hand injuries, shouldn’t surprise anyone.
What is the major reason for hand injuries in construction job sites?
Most hand injuries at construction job sites can allude to two different reasons. One either construction workers don’t wear construction work gloves at all or either because they wear inappropriate and ill-fitting gloves. Thus, as can be easily seen, most hand injuries suffered by construction workers are of a preventable nature and can be easily avoided by wearing the right kind of construction work gloves.
How should you go about buying the perfect construction work gloves for yourself?
Construction can be a very complicated sector to work in. You need to have a specific set of skills, comprehensive knowledge and then the right equipment to be safe whilst doing different tasks at your jobs. Buying the perfect pair of construction work gloves can be confusing for anyone, so let’s have a look at the things you need to take in consideration while buying the best construction work gloves for yourself. Begin with simple search engine queries and you will have a staggering number of options in construction work gloves to choose from. These options can leave you well and truly spoilt for choice. But you should know that no two options are the same, so you should do your own research and exercise due diligence while buying the best pair of construction work gloves for yourself.
Tips to follow while buying construction work gloves
Here are some factors that you need to keep in mind:-
- You should ideally go for construction work gloves which provide a secure hold and fit.
- You also need to procure gloves that are durable and highly water-resistant.
- Ideally buy gloves that are washable so that dirt and dust can be easily cleaned off them. You should get such gloves because they can easily be washed in a machine.
- Look for gloves that provide high abrasion resistance and guarantee long-life even in the most roughest of conditions.
- Look for gloves which have a water and windproof inner membrane which can easily keep your hands dry in cold and wet conditions.
- Look for options in construction work gloves that are flexible enough so that they don’t tear apart during extensive usage.
- If possible, try to get construction work gloves which are made of leather because the material is considered to be highly durable and robust.
- Look for gloves which provide excellent tactile feel and dexterity so there is room for a lot more accuracy in your movements especially when you work with small objects and tools.
- Look for construction work gloves which come with a Velcro strap on the strip that can brush the dirt away from your skin.
- Leather should be your pick if you expect to do wielding and general construction tasks during a normal day at your job because leather construction work gloves are excellent in providing excellent protection against all types of cuts and abrasions.
- You can opt for Kevlar if you are looking for gloves that provide the highest levels of resistance to abrasions and cuts in a wide range of industrial applications.
- If you anticipate being exposed to chemicals whilst at your job then you can get liquid-resistant construction work gloves.